Gail Davis, 29 January 2015
With temperatures in the mid 70’s, I walked to work enjoying the clear skies and sunshine streaming on my face. But the great weather in Dallas did not distract me from keeping close tabs on the Northeast storm and news updates on flight cancelations.
Our clients expect us to know what is happening in the world that could possibly impact a booked speaking engagement. Inclement weather is at the top of the list, and our office was tuned in and ready to make some tough calls on behalf of our business clients and the speakers we represent. Last week we had to make a decision and hope you can benefit from the questions we asked to decide our course of action.
Gail Davis, 21 November 2014
The contributions our veterans have made to protect and serve this country are immeasurable, but I also know that many of these men and women serve as valuable resources to corporate America.
I have the privilege of knowing Eric Maddox, the Army Interrogator behind Saddam Hussein's capture. While serving in Iraq, Eric’s breakthrough interrogation techniques revealed information from the dictator's inner circle that pinpointed the precise location of Saddam's Tikrit spider hole.
One day when talking with Eric I asked, “How did you accomplish this assignment when so many other attempts to find Hussein had failed?”
Gail Davis, 03 November 2014
by Gail Davis
After 15 years matching top professional speakers with some of the world's most respected companies and organizations, I am often asked by other business leaders, “What's the secret of your success?”
Well, the secret is, it's not my success, it's the success of the whole team.
Recently after being asked this question, I decided to stop and think about the traits that make the team successful. It was a great personal and professional exercise to watch the team in action and fully appreciate each team member and how they work together as a cohesive group.
Gail Davis, 16 October 2014
I have known General Peter Pace, the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, for more than five years and, without fail, every time I get the opportunity to listen to him speak, I gain new insights that make a lasting impression.
Recently, GDA Speakers hosted a breakfast for some of Dallas’ top executives to hear firsthand from the General. Pace is passionate about helping corporate leaders learn from his experience commanding our armed forces and advising the President. While he shared many leadership lessons, it was his message on setting your moral compass that made the biggest impact on me.
Gail Davis, 24 September 2014
Recently I had the privilege of introducing world-renown speaker Nando Parrado at an EO St. Louis learning event In addition to representing Nando for more than 15 years, he is my friend; so introducing him was a very easy and natural thing to do.
But, I, like most people, have learned from experience.
One of my biggest learning moments came years ago after working for months to place the perfect speaker at an event. As I sat proudly in my chair waiting for the presentation to begin, something went terribly wrong. The executive assigned to introduce the keynote speaker was MIA, and, before I could get to the stage to assist, one of the company’s directors stepped up to the podium and started to wing it.
Gail Davis, 10 September 2014
As the nation focuses on the Ray Rice controversy, I am deeply grateful to Leslie Morgan Steiner for helping me understand this very troubling topic of domestic violence. I’ve had the privilege of knowing Leslie for more than eight years and I continue to be in awe of her passion as an advocate to help educate our society and inspire other women and men to break free of the vicious cycle.
As I watched her recent interviews on MSNBC and on Anderson Cooper 360, I suddenly gained a deeper insight into Leslie. She is much more than just an inspiring example of breaking free from domestic abuse; she is a role model on how we can and should use our suffering to help others— abused or not.
- How are fees being adjusted for virtual appearances?
- Celebrating 20 Years- Part 8: Staying Tech Savvy
- Celebrating 20 Years- Part 7: IASB and EO
- Celebrating 20 Years- Part 6: Gratitude
- Look Who's 20!
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 5: New Discoveries
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 4: The Big Move...the Rebrand
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 3: Growing Pains and Gains
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 2: Turning Points
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 1
- 18th Anniversary Celebration - Founder's Talk
- GDA Podcast Recap | Nando Parrado Episode 7
- GDA Podcast Recap | Richard Resnick Episode 6
- GDA Podcast Recap | Dr. Michael "Misha" Auslin Episode 5
- GDA Podcast Recap | Herb Meyer Episode 4
- GDA Podcast Recap | David Polinchock Episode 3
- GDA Podcast Recap | Jim Carrol Episode 2
- GDA Podcast Recap | Jeff Kirschner Episode 1
- The Story of the GDA Podcast
- The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same: 30 Years Of Perspective
- An Inspirational Story of Perseverance
- Less Is More
- Six Speakers, Six Days, Three Cities….. Impressions.
- The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Top “Plan B” Questions When Bad Weather Strikes
- Business Advice From a Veteran
- Top A-Team Traits That Deliver Successful Results
- Setting Your Moral Compass
- Don’t Drop the Ball on Introductions
- A Role Model for Those Who Stay, Leave and Everyone Else
- Secret Weapons
- Celebrating 15 Years With HR Houston
- A Unique Speaker You Need
- Rex Lewis-Clack: Class of 2013- A Guest Blog from Cathleen Lewis
- A Magical Event
- The Impact of a TED Talk- A Guest Blog From Leslie Morgan Steiner
- The Day That Changed Our Lives- A Guest Blog From Steve Palermo
- Everyone Should Book John O'Leary
- Eric Saperston is Another Gift
- Create an Oscar Award Winning Event with Eric Maddox
- Cruising into 2013
- Hope for the Holidays
- Don't Wait to Book Your Speakers Part 2
- Don't Wait to Book Your Speakers
- A Guest Blog From Kristina Wandzilak
- A Guest Blog from Nando Parrado
- Do You Take the Stairs?
- Dr. Gary Chapman Brings the Love to Our Office
- DON'T HIRE MOVERS!
- Designing Women
- TEDxSMU - What a day!
- The End of the Up Experience Didn’t Leave Me Down
- Up, Up, Up. The Up Experience Part 3
- Round 2 of the Up Experience
- The Up Experience, Truly Uplifting
- A First Class Event
- An Audience with the Dalai Lama
- The Best Email Tip I've Ever Heard
- Don't Just Book a Speaker, Create a Revolution
- Kids of the Suburbs Take Note
- Visiting Their Cells Emotional. Energy.
- Sex, Mentors and Thank You ... An unexpected sort of day.
- Powerful. The only word for today.
- The Give Back Tour Begins
- Andre Norman and Giving Back
- Energy and Synergy with Ankit Fadia
- Momentum, Passion and Transformation
- An Epic Trip
- Tom Martinez- A Story of Hate, A Message of Hope
- Kids and Speakers
- Live From New York
- Customer Service: Going Above and Beyond
- In Remembrance of Randy Snow
- A Sense of Connection
- Event Wisdom: Simple things that make a difference
- International Events
- A CEO Who Gets It!!!
- Celebrating 10 Years of Inspiration
- Domestic Violence
- Milestones and Celebrations
- Meeting...No meeting? Speaker...No speaker? What's a planner to do?
- It Was No Coincidence
- Let's Get Healthy with Todd Whitthorne and Gail's Tips for Healthy Meetings
- Nando, Sonia, Tim and 2008
- Timing is Everything ... and Steve Forbes, too.
- Rex Lewis-Clack and Cathleen Lewis