Gail Davis, 13 June 2013
Everyone should book John O’Leary. He has a powerful message and is a very authentic speaker.
Our database contains over 4,000 speakers. I will only make a bold statement of absolute endorsement on those whom are deserving.
John O’Leary was first brought to my attention by one of my YPO St. Louis clients, Donn Lux. He really encouraged me to meet John so I invited John to come to my office and we met. I have many speaker visits. It is nice to meet a speaker in person but unless I hear them speak live, it is hard to truly understand their message.
A few months later in September of 2009, I got another email raving about John O’Leary. This time it was from another YPO member in Los Angeles, Ed Bagdasarian. Here is the text of his email:
Gail Davis, 25 March 2013
Do what you love and the money will follow. Truer words have never been spoken.
Last fall, a generous client reached out to me and introduced me to a wonderful new speaker Eric Maddox. Then, in early January, it happened again.
I have worked with Richard Lowry for a number of years. I am always blown away with his attention to detail to create a true event experience – from the smallest concept to the most elaborate set on the stage. Richard impressed me as someone who loves his craft and has the skill to make a vision come alive.
When Richard reached out to introduce me to Eric Saperston, he referred to him as “a little known gem.” I was intrigued. And the more I learned about Eric Saperston, the more I felt he was the creative person I was missing from my roster.
Gail Davis, 09 January 2013
As a former meeting planner I know the importance of timing when it comes to booking speakers.
I have a tip that I am certain will be a home run for your next event! I suggest you book Eric Maddox, the interrogator who masterminded Saddam Hussein’s capture.
Eric was recommended to me by one of my long term clients. I respect his opinion tremendously so when he suggested I get to know Eric I wasted no time. I immediately invited Eric to my office to give his presentation to my entire team.
Gail Davis, 08 January 2013
I am back refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to create an incredible 2013. This fresh approach is the result of 16 days on Crystal Cruises Symphony. I am a huge fan of the Crystal Cruise experience and its restorative powers. This blog is dedicated to anyone who’s ever been curious about cruises - corporate event planners, individual travelers and those planning family trips. There is something for everyone.
When I share that I love cruising, I often get the comment, “I have never been on a cruise.” To me it’s like someone saying, “I have never stayed at a hotel.” You can’t lump all cruising together any more than you can lump all hotels together.
The experience of staying a moderate priced chain hotel and a five star resort are very different.
Gail Davis, 10 December 2012
Simon Sinek is currently a very popular speaker. I love his main concept: “Know Your Why.”
I have known my “why” since day one of establishing GDA. I love the feeling of working with great speakers who have the ability to change the world. It is a lofty “why” but it’s what drives me nonetheless.
When I met Nando Parrado, it was the beginning of that “why.” I founded GDA based on a commitment to share his story with the world. He was our first speaker. From his New York Times bestseller, Miracle in the Andes, to the recent History Channel documentary, “I Am Alive,” to the audiences he addresses, his story is incomparable.
Gail Davis, 15 November 2012
If you missed the last blog, click here to read part one of "Don't Wait." I listed the reasons why you don't want to wait to book your speaker - from fee increases to travel issues, I’ve covered it all.
First choice, availability and budget are usually the initial criteria to cross off the list when choosing a speaker. Now, are you ready to pitch your speaker options to your leadership team or committee?
Now is the time to get started - don't wait until the holidays pass you by to line up your strategy and key decision criteria.
In my experience of dealing with the "C" level decision maker (CEO, COO, Chief Sales, etc.) or high level committees, I have found it is best to give fewer options. Make a short list of options you are passionately prepared to discuss. It is always easier to go back and widen the search net. Once you let the suggestions get into a “free for all” it’s easy to lose control of the process.
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 3: Growing Pains and Gains
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 2: Turning Points
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 1
- 18th Anniversary Celebration - Founder's Talk
- GDA Podcast Recap | Nando Parrado Episode 7
- GDA Podcast Recap | Richard Resnick Episode 6
- GDA Podcast Recap | Dr. Michael "Misha" Auslin Episode 5
- GDA Podcast Recap | Herb Meyer Episode 4
- GDA Podcast Recap | David Polinchock Episode 3
- GDA Podcast Recap | Jim Carrol Episode 2
- GDA Podcast Recap | Jeff Kirschner Episode 1
- The Story of the GDA Podcast
- The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same: 30 Years Of Perspective
- An Inspirational Story of Perseverance
- Less Is More
- Six Speakers, Six Days, Three Cities….. Impressions.
- The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Top “Plan B” Questions When Bad Weather Strikes
- Business Advice From a Veteran
- Top A-Team Traits That Deliver Successful Results
- Setting Your Moral Compass
- Don’t Drop the Ball on Introductions
- A Role Model for Those Who Stay, Leave and Everyone Else
- Secret Weapons
- Celebrating 15 Years With HR Houston
- A Unique Speaker You Need
- Rex Lewis-Clack: Class of 2013- A Guest Blog from Cathleen Lewis
- A Magical Event
- The Impact of a TED Talk- A Guest Blog From Leslie Morgan Steiner
- The Day That Changed Our Lives- A Guest Blog From Steve Palermo
- Everyone Should Book John O'Leary
- Eric Saperston is Another Gift
- Create an Oscar Award Winning Event with Eric Maddox
- Cruising into 2013
- Hope for the Holidays
- Don't Wait to Book Your Speakers Part 2
- Don't Wait to Book Your Speakers
- A Guest Blog From Kristina Wandzilak
- A Guest Blog from Nando Parrado
- Do You Take the Stairs?
- Dr. Gary Chapman Brings the Love to Our Office
- DON'T HIRE MOVERS!
- Designing Women
- TEDxSMU - What a day!
- The End of the Up Experience Didn’t Leave Me Down
- Up, Up, Up. The Up Experience Part 3
- Round 2 of the Up Experience
- The Up Experience, Truly Uplifting
- A First Class Event
- An Audience with the Dalai Lama
- The Best Email Tip I've Ever Heard
- Don't Just Book a Speaker, Create a Revolution
- Kids of the Suburbs Take Note
- Visiting Their Cells Emotional. Energy.
- Sex, Mentors and Thank You ... An unexpected sort of day.
- Powerful. The only word for today.
- The Give Back Tour Begins
- Andre Norman and Giving Back
- Energy and Synergy with Ankit Fadia
- Momentum, Passion and Transformation
- An Epic Trip
- Tom Martinez- A Story of Hate, A Message of Hope
- Kids and Speakers
- Live From New York
- Customer Service: Going Above and Beyond
- In Remembrance of Randy Snow
- A Sense of Connection
- Event Wisdom: Simple things that make a difference
- International Events
- A CEO Who Gets It!!!
- Celebrating 10 Years of Inspiration
- Domestic Violence
- Milestones and Celebrations
- Meeting...No meeting? Speaker...No speaker? What's a planner to do?
- It Was No Coincidence
- Let's Get Healthy with Todd Whitthorne and Gail's Tips for Healthy Meetings
- Nando, Sonia, Tim and 2008
- Timing is Everything ... and Steve Forbes, too.
- Rex Lewis-Clack and Cathleen Lewis