Careers at GDA Speakers
GDA Speakers is a dynamic company driven by the most insightful team in the industry. Our business requires not only the savvy to understand our clients' needs and business, but the ability to exceed their expectations through incredible experiences with our speakers and the GDA team.
Whether our clients want to engage, entertain or empower, our team goes the extra mile. By bringing only the best speakers to the table, we want to ensure our clients create a true "wow" experience at their events.
Sales Associate (Full-Time)
Currently, we are looking for an experienced individual to join our team as a Sales Associate. In this role, the Sales Associate will find new accounts while servicing our existing clientele to meet their speaker needs.
A candidate for our Sales Associate position must possess knowledge of current newsworthy events and an understanding of the speaking industry; however, a qualified candidate can learn the latter quickly. A qualified Sales Associate candidate will have an eye for detail; a confident personality for independent decision-making; strong interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal; and experience in inside sales. Moreover, this position requires exceptional organizational skills since it will not be uncommon to have several floating offers simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Sales Associates work with new and existing clients to book the best speaker for their events. Sales Associates will match the best speaker to the needs of our hiring clients. Understanding of current events is a necessary requirement for a Sales Associate. Ultimately, our Sales Associates match the most suitable speakers with the needs of our hiring clients in order to ensure event success and future engagements.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum of 3-5+ years of sales experience, preferably inside or business to business sales
- Knowledge of current newsworthy events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience or understanding of a Contact Management System – BCM, ACT, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize while remaining organized
- Customer Service oriented
- Innovative and proactive in order to provide immediate solutions
- The ability to work both independently and within a close-knit team
Event Manager (Full-Time)
Operates under little supervision and serves as the primary point of contact for all client-related event activities with an emphasis on ensuring a flawless experience. Responsible for the integrity, quality, timeliness and accuracy of contracts, invoices, event summaries and other event-specific logistics. Serves as the primary point of contact and advocate for both clients and speakers once the contracts are signed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to organize large amounts of actions, activities and details
- Maintain a logical workflow for all events that can clearly be followed by others
- Possess keen ability and skills in managing complex and detailed information accurately
- Ability to swiftly and seamlessly switch between tasks and activities to ensure that all commitments are progressing at an acceptable pace
- Possess and constantly demonstrate a helpful, service-oriented attitude
- Effectively collaborate and communicate expectations and outcomes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish self as the primary point of contact with the client and speaker once the contract has been signed
- Serve as the arbitrator of fairness with clients and speakers
- Set service level expectations with the client and speaker that outline GDA Speakers’ role and responsibilities related to this event and the value and service we provide throughout the process
- Respond in a timely manner to any issues that may arise within GDA Speakers’ area of responsibility
- Ensure that GDA Speakers internal clients (i.e. sales people) are kept fully apprised of any issues that may arise in the event the client contacts them
- Follow-up on all final invoices that are past due
- Track and report past due invoice information to Accounting and Sales
- Engage the support of the sales person to collect final payment if necessary
- Demonstrate expert-level customer service skills in all dealings with external clients such as clients and speakers and internal clients such as sales people
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office Suites
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Your résumé (Word or PDF format) and a Cover letter.