Gail Davis, 10 May 2017
Jim is acknowledged as one of the world’s leading global futurists, trends and innovation experts with a massive global blue chip client list. Our conversation centers around innovation, trends and musing about the future.
Gail Davis, 04 May 2017
Jeff Kirschner was our first guest and the timing was incredible. GDA Podcast had Jeff on just before his TED talk was released in February 2017, which the TED talk is now approaching 1 million views.
Gail Davis, 02 May 2017
In the 18 years since the founding of GDA Speakers, one of the many benefits of the speaking industry I've come to appreciate is the constant exposure to those that inspire others. Whether it be for business or personal improvement, common business phrases and buzzwords often shared are: Grow or Die, Innovation, Disruption, Value-add, Culture, Intentionality and Surround yourself with people smarter than you.
Gail Davis, 23 November 2016
With nearly three decades of industry experience GDA Speakers president, Gail Davis, share's her thoughts and insight on what has changed, as well as what has remained the same in the speaking industry.
Gail Davis, 27 June 2016
I founded GDA Speakers because I believed in Nando Parrado and his story. I set myself and my business apart because I found someone who was new and different. I was able to passionately describe his story to potential clients and how it could profoundly impact audiences. Nando has been our most booked speaker for 17 years. I often hear, “Gail, we need another Nando.” Quite frankly, Nando is a tough act to follow. His story is so unbelievable and so powerful – that, coupled with his humanity and humility always produces a crowd favorite.
Then, I encountered Amanda Lindhout.
Gail Davis, 17 May 2016
In 1995, while working on the other side of events as a meeting planner, I was in Maui with Rob Schneider. He was so funny and I was looking for every opportunity to use him at EDS for our general session, awards night, recap video, anywhere he would fit. Then he looked at me and shared something he learned on Saturday Night Live, “less is more.” He explained to me it is always better to leave the audience wanting more.
This advice has been valuable to me over the years in coaching speakers and clients for the maximum impact. I recently found another great application for his lesson. This month my company turned 17 years old. In the beginning, I tracked the number of speakers in our database. I was constantly updating the website to say GDA Speakers works with over 500, 1,000, 2,000 speakers. Somewhere along the way that number got to 5,000. That is when I remembered less is more.
- Introducing Ankit Fadia 2.0
- End of Year Speaker Booking Tips
- Staying In The Learning Lane
- Why NOW Is The Time For Nando
- Nicole Malachowski: Nobody Wants To Live A Scripted Life
- Ken Schmidt: Standing Out Among The Competition
- Why ESG Matters for Business: Insights from Fortune's Geoff Colvin
- The Message of Hope that Supersedes Media Clickbait
- Adding Value with Emcees & Moderators
- Women Bred, Women Led
- Buyer's Remorse: Signs & Solutions
- Dear Celebrity...
- The Power of Momentum: Insights from Suneel Gupta
- Nando Parrado: Celebrating 50 Years of Influential Impact
- IASB Convention Recap
- Making the Client the Hero: GDA's Client Portal
- Meet Our NEW Gold Star Speaker!
- Meeting & Event Planning Tips
- Speaker Fees: To Negotiate Or Not To Negotiate
- How Speaker Fees Are Like Handbag Shopping
- 23 Years of Unforgettable Experiences
- GDA Polling Feature: Speaker Selection Just Got Easier
- The VIP Experience: Going Out of Style, Or Just on Pause?
- What Flavor Is Your Speaker?
- 2022 Events Forecast
- The Anniversary
- Visualizing and Training for Success
- The Journey Never Ends...Sharing What We Learn Along The Way
- Business Growth Speakers
- The Other F-Word You Don't Want to Hear
- Celebrity Booking Tips
- A Woman Owned Business
- 2021: To Smoother Roads Ahead
- Virtual Events are Fun, Engaging and on the Rise.
- Case Study: "Quarantine...let's binge watch our meeting"
- When will large and in-person events make a comeback?
- Case Study: "Virtual Made it Possible"
- You need a good moderator/host for your event. Here's why.
- How are fees being adjusted for virtual appearances?
- Celebrating 20 Years- Part 8: Staying Tech Savvy
- Celebrating 20 Years- Part 7: IASB and EO
- Celebrating 20 Years- Part 6: Gratitude
- Look Who's 20!
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 5: New Discoveries
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 4: The Big Move...the Rebrand
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 3: Growing Pains and Gains
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 2: Turning Points
- Celebrating 20 Years - Part 1
- 18th Anniversary Celebration - Founder's Talk
- GDA Podcast Recap | Nando Parrado Episode 7
- GDA Podcast Recap | Richard Resnick Episode 6
- GDA Podcast Recap | Dr. Michael "Misha" Auslin Episode 5
- GDA Podcast Recap | Herb Meyer Episode 4
- GDA Podcast Recap | David Polinchock Episode 3
- GDA Podcast Recap | Jim Carrol Episode 2
- GDA Podcast Recap | Jeff Kirschner Episode 1
- The Story of the GDA Podcast
- The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same: 30 Years Of Perspective
- An Inspirational Story of Perseverance
- Less Is More
- Six Speakers, Six Days, Three Cities….. Impressions.
- The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Top “Plan B” Questions When Bad Weather Strikes
- Business Advice From a Veteran
- Top A-Team Traits That Deliver Successful Results
- Setting Your Moral Compass
- Don’t Drop the Ball on Introductions
- A Role Model for Those Who Stay, Leave and Everyone Else
- Secret Weapons
- Celebrating 15 Years With HR Houston
- A Unique Speaker You Need
- Rex Lewis-Clack: Class of 2013- A Guest Blog from Cathleen Lewis
- A Magical Event
- The Impact of a TED Talk- A Guest Blog From Leslie Morgan Steiner
- The Day That Changed Our Lives- A Guest Blog From Steve Palermo
- Everyone Should Book John O'Leary
- Eric Saperston is Another Gift
- Create an Oscar Award Winning Event with Eric Maddox
- Cruising into 2013
- Hope for the Holidays
- Don't Wait to Book Your Speakers Part 2
- Don't Wait to Book Your Speakers
- A Guest Blog From Kristina Wandzilak
- A Guest Blog from Nando Parrado
- Do You Take the Stairs?
- Dr. Gary Chapman Brings the Love to Our Office
- DON'T HIRE MOVERS!
- Designing Women
- TEDxSMU - What a day!
- The End of the Up Experience Didn’t Leave Me Down
- Up, Up, Up. The Up Experience Part 3
- Round 2 of the Up Experience
- The Up Experience, Truly Uplifting
- An Audience with the Dalai Lama
- The Best Email Tip I've Ever Heard
- Don't Just Book a Speaker, Create a Revolution
- Kids of the Suburbs Take Note
- Visiting Their Cells Emotional. Energy.
- Sex, Mentors and Thank You ... An unexpected sort of day.
- Powerful. The only word for today.
- The Give Back Tour Begins
- Andre Norman and Giving Back
- Energy and Synergy with Ankit Fadia
- Momentum, Passion and Transformation
- An Epic Trip
- Tom Martinez- A Story of Hate, A Message of Hope
- Kids and Speakers
- Live From New York
- Customer Service: Going Above and Beyond
- In Remembrance of Randy Snow
- A Sense of Connection
- Event Wisdom: Simple things that make a difference
- International Events
- A CEO Who Gets It!!!
- Celebrating 10 Years of Inspiration
- Domestic Violence
- Milestones and Celebrations
- Meeting...No meeting? Speaker...No speaker? What's a planner to do?
- It Was No Coincidence
- Let's Get Healthy with Todd Whitthorne and Gail's Tips for Healthy Meetings
- Nando, Sonia, Tim and 2008
- Timing is Everything ... and Steve Forbes, too.
- Rex Lewis-Clack and Cathleen Lewis