Please contact a GDA agent for information.
- Change Management / Organizational Change
- Overcoming Adversity
- Stress Management
Click on the topic name to see other speakers tagged with this topic.
Kim Becking Featured Keynote Speaker | Change and Leadership Expert | Best-Selling Author
Kim Becking is an engaging, high-energy, fun and impactful motivational keynote speaker, change and leadership expert and award-winning author who helps others conquer change, boost resilience, accelerate success and achieve more in their business, life and relationships no matter what life throws at them.
Kim knows a thing or two about change and challenges through her own experiences in business and life. As an attorney, serial entrepreneur running two successful businesses for over two decades, communications strategist and “recovering” political consultant, Kim has conquered the ever-changing tough worlds of business, government, and politics. She’s also conquered breast cancer.
Kim has boosted communication, consensus building, advocacy and legislative capabilities for Fortune 500 companies, associations, state and local governments and non-profit organizations, helping them accelerate their success. She’s proud of her work coaching CEO’s, top level leadership and elected officials on how to lead with more impact and influence. Kim provides practical tools and strategies to effectively manage change and deal with difficult people, tough conversations, and hard issues.
Using humor and vulnerability, Kim has the ability to connect with her audiences at a deeper level. Her authentic, engaging, humorous and empowering messages of extraordinary resilience, conquering change and creating success regardless of your circumstances have made her a favorite among her audiences.
Kim doesn’t want you to just bounce back after change and adversity – she wants you to develop a “Momentum Mindset” where you push past limited thinking, get unstuck, and use the change and adversity in life as the fuel needed to propel you forward – faster, further, stronger and better than ever before.
Kim has been featured in national media such as People, SELF, TheNew York Times, USA Today, Good Morning America and Lifetime Television for her expertise on resilience and thriving in the midst of change.
Kim graduated with honors from Missouri State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing and received her Juris Doctorate with honors from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law.
She is a member of the National Speakers Association, the International Association of Business Communicators, the Association of Talent Development and holds a Certificate of Public Participation from the International Association of Public Participation. She is also on the board and serving as President of the Greater Missouri Leadership Challenge.
A best-selling, award-winning author, Kim recently launched her Momentum series of business success tip books with more than four books in development for 2021, focusing on change, resilience, leadership and communications.
Kim resides in Columbia, Missouri with her blended family of five and travels throughout the United States and internationally for conferences, conventions and events.
More About Kim
Kim has been proud to provide on-the-ground communications support for various events and programs which included former Presidents, Ambassadors, National Cabinet Members, Governors, United States Senators, CEO’s and other dignitaries. She’s even been on Air Force One!
- Kim is smart enough to know that recovery is important and is thankfully in recovery herself as a “recovering” attorney and a “recovering” political consultant.
- Kim is a serial entrepreneur, having owned and operated two successful companies for over sixteen years.
- Kim holds a certificate in public participation from the International Association of Public Participation – she knows how to communicate and connect with all types of audiences and get them communicating with each other.
- Kim has provided communications and specifically crisis communications training and strategy for high level executives and elected officials at all levels of government.
- Kim has provided communication and public engagement services and been the public face on high profile, multi-million dollar transportation and economic development projects.
- Kim has worked extensively with non-profit, business, and associations on public policy, grassroots advocacy, communications and strategic planning issues.
- Kim has worked at all levels of government and has held key top-level positions with local and state elected officials.
- Kim has been honored to serve as a gubernatorial appointee by a former Governor of Missouri as Chair of the Missouri Women’s Council.